Wear Inspections provide the ability to mark up measurement locations on an image, record the length, width and depth and track the life cycle of wear measurements in a similar way to cracks, see article Guide to Structural Inspections for more info.
This guide provides the key steps in setting up the first limit for managing wear.
1. Create a Conditional Limit to set the parameters for leak rate. (See Create a Conditional Limit for Structural Inspections for more info)
- Create a Custom Limit Category to define the leak severity levels (if not already created).
- Create a Conditional Limit to set the parameters.
2. Add the file (Photo or 3D Model) to OnPlan. See Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model for more info.
3. Create Inspection - Wear Limit.
4. The limit can now be added to a job step. See article Adding Limits to Job Steps for more info.
1. CREATE A CONDITIONAL LIMIT (Example)
a. Create a Limit Category
The Limit Category is created to set up the required severity levels for wear. Once created, the limit category can have varying ranges set that will trigger the severity level.
b. Create a Conditional limit
Once a custom category exists, many condition limits can be created with the varying parameters for different components or wear rates. Below is an example in relation to the 4 categories created.
Adding the component name in the description will help with searching the conditional limit to use when creating the inspection limit.
2. ADD FILE (Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model)
See Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model for more info.
3. CREATE INSPECTION - WEAR LIMIT
- Click NEW to create a new limit
- Limit Category - Select Inspection - Wear, the screen will update to the fields required.
- Name - Enter a name for the limit
- Description - Enter a name for the limit
- Position Code - Search and select the position code or create a new position. If creating a new position, click Create Position Code and enter
- Code - Enter a Code for the limit (Displayed on analytics reports)
- Description - Enter a Description for the Position Code for the limit (Displayed on analytics reports)
- Click Open Structural Inspection Model to select the file to use and set the conditional limit.
- Structural Model File - Type to search for a file and select the file.
- Conditional Limits (Optional) - Select the condition parameters relevant to the inspection (Severity Level).
- Markup 2D Model - Click to display the image markup editor. See article Image Editor Tool Bar for more info on marking up images.
- Click OK to save the mark ups, click CONTINUE to Add the file and conditional limit and click CREATE to save the Inspection - Wear Limit.