Temperature Inspections provide the ability to mark up measurement locations on an image, record the temperature and track the life cycle of temperature measurements in a similar way to cracks, see article Guide to Structural Inspections for more info.
This guide provides the key steps in setting up the first limit for managing temperature.
1. Create a Conditional Limit to set the parameters for the temperature ranges. (See Create a Conditional Limit for Structural Inspections for more info)
- Create a Custom Limit Category to define the temperature severity levels (if not already created).
- Create a Conditional Limit to set the parameters.
2. Add the file (Photo or 3D Model) to OnPlan. See Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model for more info.
3. Create Inspection - Temperature Limit.
4. The limit can now be added to a job step. See article Adding Limits to Job Steps for more info.
1. CREATE A CONDITIONAL LIMIT (Example)
a. Create a Limit Category
The Limit Category is created to set up the required severity levels for temperature ranges. Once created, the limit category can have varying ranges set that will trigger the severity level.
b. Create a Conditional limit
Once a custom category exists, many condition limits can be created with the varying parameters for different components or temperature rates. Below is an example in relation to the 4 categories created.
Adding the temperature ranges in the description will help with searching the conditional limit to use when creating the inspection limit.
2. ADD FILE (Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model)
See Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model for more info.
3. CREATE INSPECTION - TEMPERATURE LIMIT
- Click NEW to create a new limit
- Limit Category - Select Inspection - Temperature, the screen will update to the fields required.
- Name - Enter a name for the limit
- Description - Enter a name for the limit
- Position Code - Search and select the position code or create a new position. If creating a new position, click Create Position Code and enter
- Code - Enter a Code for the limit (Displayed on analytics reports)
- Description - Enter a Description for the Position Code for the limit (Displayed on analytics reports)
- Click Open Structural Inspection Model to select the file to use and set the conditional limit.
- Structural Model File - Type to search for a file and select the file.
- Conditional Limits (Optional) - Select the condition parameters relevant to the inspection (Severity Level).
- Markup 2D Model - Click to display the image markup editor. See article Image Editor Tool Bar for more info on marking up images.
Locations can be marked up to where temperature readings are required.
- Click OK to save the mark ups, click CONTINUE to Add the file and conditional limit and click CREATE to save the Inspection - Temperature Limit.