Other Defect Inspections provide the ability to mark up locations up on an image of defects and track the life cycle of defect in a similar way to cracks, see Guide to Structural Inspections for more info. Defects don't have any measurement recording requirements therefore no conditional limits can be set.
This guide provides the key steps in setting up the first limit for managing defect inspections.
1. Add the file (Photo or 3D Model) to OnPlan. See Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model for more info.
2. Create Inspection - Other Defect Limit.
3. The limit can now be added to a job step. See article Adding Limits to Job Steps for more info.
1. ADD FILE (Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model)
See Adding a 2D (Photo) or 3D Model for more info.
3. CREATE INSPECTION OTHER DEFECT
- Click NEW to create a new limit
- Limit Category - Select Inspection - Other Defect, the screen will update to the fields required.
- Name - Enter a name for the limit
- Description - Enter a name for the limit
- Position Code - If required, search and select the position code or create a new position. If creating a new position, click Create Position Code and enter
- Code - Enter a Code for the limit (Displayed on analytics reports)
- Description - Enter a Description for the Position Code for the limit (Displayed on analytics reports)
- Click Open Structural Inspection Model to select the file to use and set the conditional limit.
- Structural Model File - Type to search for a file and select the file.
- Markup 2D Model - Click to display the image markup editor. See article Image Editor Tool Bar for more info on marking up images.
- Click OK to save the mark ups, click CONTINUE to Add the file and conditional limit and click CREATE to save the Inspection - Other Defect Limit.
Note: A 3D Model was used in the above figure, if using a 3D Model Step 8 may be skipped. 3D Models can be rotated to set the required starting position.